Massage Therapy in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Stress is a common aspect of daily life and for those who have trauma and other stress triggers. Their ability to handle daily stressors is diminished, and they commonly resort to unhealthy coping mechanisms to numb their emotional, mental or physical pain. The strain of stress can take a toll on one’s body, such as tight muscles and deep, unrelenting aches in various parts of the body such as the back, head and neck. Massage therapy is helpful for people seeking healthy alternative ways to relieve stress that comes with the added benefit of strengthening the immune system and thereby elevating a person’s overall sense of well-being.
Massage therapy can relieve all sorts of ailments from physical pain and reduced range of motion to stress and anxiety. People who choose to supplement their healthcare regimen with regular massages will not only enjoy a relaxing hour but they can feel the benefits for days and sometimes longer after the appointment.
The following are some of the most common health benefits reported from massage therapy:
- Reduces Stress – A relaxing massage is a great way to unwind and de-stress. Clients are sure to notice themselves feeling relaxed and at ease for hours, days and sometimes even weeks after their appointments.
- Improves Circulation – Loosening muscles and tendons allows increased blood flow throughout the body. Improving blood and oxygen circulation can have a number of positive effects on the rest of your body, including reduced fatigue and pain management.
- Reduces Pain and Muscle Tightness – Massage therapy is great for working out problem areas like lower back pain, neck pain and chronic stiffness.
- Helps Eliminate Toxins – Stimulating the soft tissues of your body will help to release toxins through your blood and lymphatic systems.
- Improves Flexibility – Massage therapy will loosen and relax your muscles, helping your body to achieve its full range of movement potential.
- Improves Sleep – A massage will encourage relaxation and boost your mood. Relaxed and loosened muscles facilitate a more restful deeper sleep, and you’ll feel invigorated in the morning.
- Enhances Immunity – Stimulation of the lymph nodes re-charges the body’s natural defense system.
- Energy Boost – Massage therapy is known to elevate mood and support better and deeper sleep, thus making you feel less worn-out at the end of the day.
- Combat Depression and Anxiety – Massage therapy can support the body’s release of endorphins, helping you to feel happy, energized, and at ease.
- Reduce post-surgery and post-injury swelling – A professional massage is a great way to safely decrease healing time with a sports injury or post-surgery rehabilitation.
Massage also promotes the sensation of appropriate touch and allows you to be emotionally and physically supported because you are in “communication” with the feelings that surface in a safe environment Your attentive and focused massage therapist is there for YOU. Under these conditions, your body is encouraged to perform optimally. Massage therapy is wonderful self-care and we encourage you to consider having an introductory session with us sooner rather than later!
Designed Health Options, LLC
Click on the Health Condition or Treatment of your Interest
Calls, questions and appointments are welcomed. We’re in Corrales, 8 minutes North of Albuquerque toward Rio Rancho